That is Faith

9:12:00 AM 0 Comments A+ a-

Hi! My name is Faith, a 26 year old nurse, who has worked in Saudi Arabia for almost three years and is currently back in the Philippines. In this blog, I will be talking about my journey in the Lord, topics that piques my interests, and guides or tutorials on things that I am familiar with.

Trust God in the dark

I passed across this quote of Charles Spurgeon on pinterest and decided to create a 'photo quote' of my own. I thought it was timely since I am about to write my first entry on this blog. Furthermore, I found most of them watermarked and I am afraid of violating any copyright law.

"To trust God in the light is nothing, but trust Him in the dark - that is faith.", this is a quote by Charles Spurgeon, who was also known as the Prince of Preachers, I don't really know much about him, but I do know that he wrote a great deal of Christian literature. 

Anyhow, this quote is a wonderful explanation of faith, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit. Faith is trusting the Lord and knowing that He is there when you do not see anything. Of course, this is not just limited to one's self, this includes encouraging other people despite the circumstances.

Before I end this post, let me share a short testimony of my life: I was born in a Christian family, I grew up learning Bible verses, singing christian songs and dancing with tambourines. Although I knew His words by heart, there are plenty of times that I fail Him. I struggle with sin, but it is so amazing how God forgives me and loves me still. I am not, in any way, telling you that it is fine to commit sin. As Christians, we must hate sin. But I am sharing this to you, to tell you that even if you do something, just come before the Lord and he will cleanse you with all your unrighteousness. God is a forgiving God, and He will accept you no matter what you have done.

If you have read this, I know God has purpose, and I pray that whatever you are going through right now, you will surpass it, In Jesus' name, Amen.

God bless you and be a blessing!