Charm is deceptive

8:20:00 AM 2 Comments A+ a-

a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised."
Proverbs 31:30

There are a lot of women who battle insecurities everyday, this is because of the superficial concept of beauty standardized by the world.

We are often judged by the color of our skin, the flawlessness of our face, the type of clothes and shoes we wear, the measure of our weight, and the list goes on.

But God said in this verse, that everything we see in the outward appearance is deceiving and temporary. Which is very true, because when we get older our bodies change, beauty isn't forever.

However, our inner beauty, our character as a Godly woman will forever be etched in people's heart. This will never fade away.

I know it is hard to battle discontentment in a world full of lies. I, for one, have been bullied because of my skin color when I was younger. In the Philippines, if you have dark skin tone, you are considered unattractive. (I guess this also applies for other Asian countries.)

I struggled a lot, but with the help of the Lord, I was able to overcome my low self-esteem and insecurities. I praise and thank the Lord for a wonderful mother who was always there to remind me what real beauty is.

So to all the girls and ladies out there, remember to root your identity in Christ, and do not be fooled by the enemy's false accusations that you are not beautiful enough.

Whenever you're in doubt, fix your eyes on Jesus.

God bless you!

2 comments

Write comments
Monday, March 27, 2023 4:54:00 PM delete

Thanks for the update. Many young people desire to serve in the Indian military. But to beat the tough competition, one requires access to the best instruction. NDA Coaching in Chandigarh is the industry leader in NDA tutoring and has a long history of success. Visit the Chandigarh Career Group to find out more information about this website.

Reply
avatar
Abbas Khan
AUTHOR
Saturday, December 30, 2023 11:06:00 PM delete

I love a girl but she don't know. I can't leave it under any circumstances. She is my life.

Reply
avatar