The hands that bled for me

9:37:00 PM 0 Comments A+ a-

the hands that bled for me
"The hands that cradle the stars are the hands that bled for me."

"But God demonstrates His own love toward us,
in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."
Romans 5:8

It is so amazing how Jesus endured all the sufferings just to free us from the bondage of sins. He was born in a poor family and grew up being rejected by people because they do not believe that a carpenter's son is the promised Messiah. Even in His death, people chose to save a notorious prisoner (Barabbas) rather than Jesus who is not guilty of any sin. For any ordinary human being, this must be so hard to bear, but Jesus embraced His death just to save us. His love for us is indescribable. 

However, we all have taken this for granted, desensitized with all the images and movies of Christ dying on the cross. We forgot the true meaning of His sacrifice for us. In fact during holy week season, it is sad to see people tormenting themselves, walking on their knees in churches, whipping their backs, and even crucifying themselves believing that it is the only way to be forgiven from their sins.

"In Him we have redemption through His blood, 
the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace."
Ephesians 1:7

Therefore, you do not need to do all these things to be forgiven and saved. We are saved by the grace of God through faith. In other words, we just have to accept Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior to be saved. We do not depend on our good deeds to be saved, we just have to accept the gift of salvation.

I understand why it is so difficult for some of us to understand how God can just forgive, save and give blessings to those who just accept Him. This is because we are conditional beings. We are programmed to think everything has a condition because we live in a corrupt and sinful world. However, God is different. He loves unconditionally. He just wants you to acknowledge that you are a sinner, repent and turn away from your sins, and accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior. It's that easy!

I believe that it is not by accident that you are reading this blog. God directed you here. If you want to be saved and invite Jesus into your life, you can say this prayer of acceptance below:

Gracious Heavenly Father, I acknowledge that I am a sinner. 
I know that I have done a lot of things in the past that is not pleasing to You
and I have fallen short of Your glory.
Thank you that you sent Your Son, Jesus, to die on the cross for my sins.
Forgive me Lord and cleanse me from all my unrighteousness.
I want to turn away from my sins and release every hatred in my heart.
I now fully receive Jesus as my personal Lord, Savior and Master.
Jesus, come into my life and reign in me.
Help me live a life that would give glory and honor to you.
In Jesus' name, I pray,  Amen.

If you wholeheartedly prayed this prayer, then rest assured that the old is gone and the new has come. You are a new creation now in Christ. God bless you!